1. Emerging Artist award application REJECTED. Oops. Apparently I either missed an entire section of the requirements completely or I read them over and over so many times in order to not mess something up, therefore of course, I messed something up. Oh well. I'll apply the next time in 2015.
2. St. James Court art show NOT INVITED. Honestly, I wasn't all that upset about this. SJ's is a massive art fair and I think I would have been a bit over my head especially since this is my first year. Still, I was curious about what the judges thought so I emailed and asked for feedback:
Juror 1: 5/7
Juror 2: 5/7
Juror 3: Does not meet show standards., 2/7
Juror 4: Limited appeal. Repetitive., 1/7
Juror 5: Craft Fair material, 3/7
Well, at least jurors 1 and 2 liked me! The others, well, I'd like to know a little more details on their thoughts but sometimes you'll just never know. Moving on.
1. That piece that I got into Less is More: Small Works in a Great Space in Annapolis, Maryland.
2. I was invited to participate in the Woodland Art Fair, a fair much closer and dearer to my heart. It's also closer to home. Win! I would have been much more upset if I hadn't gotten into Woodland. I was pleased about my invitation especially considering that this is what I submitted for my booth shot:
4. All right. I've been kind of keeping this on the DL but I guess I should come out with it so that I don't puss out. My very generous friend, Shaun Ring, (amazing photographer, real estate agent, and all around great guy), had offered to let me use his uber cool space this November for a show. Well, actually it will be myself and one other person, TBD. So yeah. I guess I'm kind of having a show with some of my work in it. Eeeek! I hope to have NEW stuff, not just the little cells, so that people won't be bored to tears and all like, "I've seen this before. Yawn!" I'll have more info to come, so stay tuned!